Sunday, March 08, 2009

Home Sweet Home... and What A Surprise!


We reached Kuching safely at 5.45 PM yesterday evening. William, the disciple whom Jesus loves, who is also known as yaso in his blog, was there at the Airport to fetch us. We dropped Bartholomew off his home at BDC and William used a strange and winding road to go to my house. Upon arriving my house, Penny was already outside the house waiting for us and William said he wanted to used my toilet. So I asked Penny to serve Elder Alex and William with drink.

Home at last, mm... home sweet home...! As I walked into my house, everybody (My wife, Elder Alex and the one who said he needed to use the toilet) seemed to walk very slow. Funny... As I opened the door of my house and WOOH... what a surprise, my home was packed with people and they were all shouting and singing "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALAN!!!"


Surprise...!

Watch the video, they were so co-operative. Even my son Adrian, was being "laid astray" by hiding himself behind the curtain... It was indeed a well planned surprise birthday party and this was my first ever surprise birthday party. They went to the extend of parking their cars far away from my house and hid all their shoes in the storeroom. That's why William used that long and winding road to send me home so that I could not notice any familiar cars and suspicious sign!

William had a hard time explaining how he was struggling with dropping Bartholomew off so that there would not be any unusual move to trigger my suspicion. We missed Bartholomew as we could not get hold of him through the phone because he was still having his Indonesian Sim Card in his phone. Too bad Brother...

Thank you guys for having me in your hearts. As a gratitude and appreciation from my heart, I have to list all your names here...

Richard,
Eleanor,
William,
Felicia & Mom,
Florence,
Stephen & Linda,
Jacky,
Deacon Paul,
Siaw Ping,
Brian the Bob,
Dr. Santhosh,
Cynthia & Owen,
Sam & Jennifer,
Mark & Magdalene, Samuel,
Elder Alex (for your prayer)
and most of all my beloved fruitful vine Penny,
my beloved olive shoots Norman and Adrian...

Philemon 1:4~7 I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints.

I love you all, guys... :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Alan, what a blessing a surprise party just when you arrived back from your trip!! You are loved, my friend!!! Glad your day was very celebrated!!

    Grace and peace to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Lydia, You are right. You are absolutely right!

    We can only find love in a grace church where everybody are beholding Jesus and we love because He first love us!

    In a legalistic church, we are beholding each other wrong doing and looking inward selfishly to satisfy our leak.

    What a life to have... Amen! I'm bless to be blessing...!

    Grace and peace to you!

    ReplyDelete