Sunday, January 18, 2009

BIG Mac ~ Big Shaking!


I have not been to McDonald for a long time and since Adrian said he would like to try their "Prosperity Burger", so we decided to have burger for our dinner. I ordered a Big Mac meal just to recapture my childhood memory and I am sad to say that I had a disappointed Big Mac meal for my dinner today.

I was surprised to see how small the beef has shrink and in fact, the whole burger has shrink. This Big Mac meal dug up my remembrance of whenever I visited this kind of fast food outlets like KFC or McDonald, I would always like to complain because the meals they served were always look different from their food menu, in term of quality and quantity… and mind you, the situation is getting worse!

Well, my Elder just preached to us this morning that, as believers who have been enlightened by His grace, we should put our full confidence on the Finished Work of Christ and never put our confidence in the things of this world because the things of the world are on shakeable ground. Indeed, this Big Mac is fast to accomplish its purposes to disappoint me and at the same time, confirm the word of God to me.


Image of Big Mac downloaded from Google
Big Mac in Kuching

Hey, where is my beef?
Oh.. Here it is...

Extremely undersized beef on both layers


Hebrews 6:17 ~ Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath.
Hebrews 6:18 ~ God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged.
Hebrews 6:19 ~ We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,
Hebrews 6:20 ~ where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

The amount we pay do not really reflects the quantity or quality we deserved because this fallen world in its fallen stage has failed to keep up with its law based on deserving system. God never bless us based on our performance or what we deserved., and at the Cross, Jesus took away what we deserved and in exchange, He lavished His grace to us so that what we do not deserve, become ours through His promises. The grace of God is indeed on an unshakable ground and was put into covenant by Two Unchangeable Being. It is lavished to us undeservedly, "unearnedly" and "unmeritedly" from God.

And talking about shaking, do not put your confidence on Politicians too, they shake your hand before elections and your confidence after...!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! Those two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun were RATHER SHRUNKEN. LOL.

    What a wonderful metaphor! Maybe not so delicious but wonderful! There is no disappointment in Christ, thank goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete