Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Is Your Joy Complete?


John 16:2
2 ~ So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
John 16:23 ~ In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
John 16:24 ~ Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

Our joy is complete when we ask of ANYTHING from the Father in Jesus’ Name. To be able to ask from the Father, we must have revelation knowledge of what His Grace means. Most of the believers are shy to ask from the Father because of their wrong conception of who God is. Our Lord declared the era of Grace at the end of His earthly ministry from the above scripture to portray the three stages of human destiny on before the Cross, after the Cross and when the mystery of Grace is revealed.

Before the Cross
John 16:22 ~ So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

After the Cross
John 16:23 ~ In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

When the mystery of Grace is revealed
John 16:24 ~ Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

Have you understand much about Grace? If we understand Grace, asking anything from the Father is the fruit of our understanding of His Grace; and our understanding of His Grace depends on:-

1) Whether we are born again or not.
- Jesus said no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

2) Whether we choose to humble ourselves before His Word that He has revealed to us in our heart or not.
- Before I was enlightened by Grace, I was taught to humble before man (Leader). Don’t get me wrong for encouraging disobedience in the midst. The truth is, when we humble before His word, we have the abundant Life to be obedience in proper prospective to anybody. In fact, when we are disobedient to man, we are obedient to God and in turn, our obedience is a holy obedience to anyone.

3) Whether we believe in His Finished Work on the Cross or not.
- Because of His Finished Work, everything bad that you can ever think of or even you cannot think of, is nailed on the Cross by Jesus. Therefore, our sin is a done deal and we are forgiven eternally. To be exact, the sin for the whole world has been forgiven because God so love the world that He gave His only Begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life! The world just has to respond with faith and believe in Jesus to be saved! The providence for the forgiveness of sin is ever ready by grace and the world does not go hell because of their sin but because of their unbelief!

4) Our revelation knowledge that we are no more servant but son. Our relation with God is no more servant and Master Relationship but rather, son and Father Relationship.
- Before Jesus died on the Cross, He personally came to introduce the Name of Father and His death on the Cross brought forth this Father and sons relationship for us. Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"— which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" He cried out, "My God, My God!" so that we can call God, "My Father, My Father!"

5) When we question ourselves that what kind of son are we if we do not ask of anything from our father?
- For a child to ask from the father is proper thing to do. To be able to ask from the Father is an unmerited and undeserved favor from God not our merited and deserved achievement through law abiding. In the realm of Law, we all fell short to ask from God, while in the realm of Grace, God has given us a new life through His grace for us to ask from Him.

The Lord said: “Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.” To ask of anything from the Father is a lifestyle not an act. When our joy is complete, the full blossom of Grace is flourishing in our life!

This is Grace...!

1 comment:

  1. ....and it is SO GOOD for our hearts to be established by grace (Jesus), and you my friend are aiding those who wish to do that very thing!! And look at the fruit - JOY, complete Joy!! I just love His good and perfect gifts from above!!

    Grace, peace and love to you!!

    ReplyDelete