Sunday, January 11, 2009

Promises


I have received New Year greetings through SMS from friends and I find this particular one very meaningful…

Peace in your HEART,
Health in your BODY,
Wealth in your LIFE,
Joy in your HOME,
May you always be blessed with these priceless treasures!
BLESSED NEW YEAR 2009!


Year after year, the world is wishing each other with sound messages like this. Only after I have been enlightened by His grace, I then could see God's promises and I found myself remembering what the Lord had done for me at the Cross. As His beloved, I found that I already have what the world is wishing for because I have chose to believe in what the Finished Work of Christ had done for me...!

Peace in your HEART
John 14:27 ~ Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Isaiah 53:5a ~ But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him.

Health in our BODY
Isaiah 53:5b ~ and by His wounds we are healed.

Wealth in your LIFE
2 Corinthians 8:9 ~ For we know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for my sakes He became poor, that we through His poverty might become rich.

Joy in our HOME
John 16:24 ~ Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

By His grace, and not through our effort that for no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through Him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.

His grace is indeed priceless and I say Amen to that!

1 comment: