Thursday, July 02, 2009

In The House


While I was sharing in the last Chinese Service, I was miraculously led by the Spirit to give a few simple and yet powerful illustrations and one of the illustrations was on how to look at the Law from God’s point of view. It was so good that I wanted to sit down and take my own note…!

In my Christian life, I have been looking at the Commandments the way the Jewish people looked at them. I too, felt that there are a lot of things I have to do. The concept of Law never changes even though I have been enlightened by grace, but not until last Sunday…

The Lord asked why is that I don’t try to look at the Commandments from His point of view? Why don’t I stand together with Him and look at the Commandments from His direction?

Here goes the illustration that woke me up from my spiritual sleep while I was sharing…

For example, when you come to my house, before you come in, you will ask me what you have to do before you enter my house. So I answer you, “Thou shall not wear your shoe in!” That is a demand and is a commandment. Thou shall not… You then thinking to yourself, “I shall not wear my shoe in” and you abide to this commandment and you take off your shoe. This is from your point of view and you are at the same position and direction when the Jewish people received the Ten Commandments.

After you have entered my house, you notice that my floor is sparkling clean and if you are to wear your shoe in, you would have dirty the floor. So, when I gave that commandment, I knew that my floor is clean so was God, when He gave the Ten Commandments, He knew His own Holy Nature.

Now, when the next person come, you are with me at the door step and that person asks the same question and I give the same commandment. For you, you already know why shoe is not allow to be worn inside the house, and naturally, that commandment is no more a commandment to you because you know how clean is the floor already.

The law is a shadow of good thing to come and is the shadow of the holiness of Christ. Law is the shadow of grace. Shadow cannot help us but the Substance can. When we are confronted by law, the law just cannot help us but points us to our sins because of God’s standard of holiness. Jesus, the Substance is grace personified. He came as Man and fulfilled all the requirements of the law and nailed them on the cross. Now, after the cross, when we are confronted by grace, grace helps us for when sin (falling short of the glory of God) abound, grace super abound because grace is the unmerited and undeserved Favor of God!

We are already in Christ and we don't have to seek His Kingdom and righteousness anymore. In Christ, we RECEIVE the abundant of His grace and the gift of His righteousness and REIGN in life. We are already in the House looking out, knowing that all these blessings are gifts of God not our achievement's through self effort. As we are already in the House, we already understand why God gave the Commandments because we know His Nature and His Holiness. When we look at the Commandments from the House, the Commandments are no more commandment but part of our righteous life lives through by Christ Himself through us, which is a resurrection life destined to reign...

Our Lord Jesus had fulfilled the law and nailed the demand of the law at the cross. We are now righteous in Christ and we are as holy as Christ. This explains why we are dead to law and married to Christ. We are in the House not outside the House! We are in the Substance not under the shadow. We are in Grace not under Law...


3 comments:

  1. Good revelation.

    in grace we have the blessings of Abraham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi alan, my first time into your blog. And very good stuff. I too have 'stumbled' on the Grace revolution and it has turn everything upside down (or better put.. right side up). I am so glad for your blog. Will visit again. andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcomed Andrew. I'm grate that you have stumbled on grace too... The Lord found me 10 years ago but it took me three years from then to find Him... You are right, it's right side up!

    Blessing...

    ReplyDelete