Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Put The Horse Back Before The Cart


In the new Covenant, God can put His laws in our hearts because the blood of Jesus had cleansed us so clean that the Holy Spirit can dwell in us.

Hebrews 10:16-18 ~ "This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds." Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more." And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin.

When we are born again, God put His laws in our heart through the Holy Spirit, so that born again believers can have a Spirit led life. The problem with us for not responding to this truth is that, we are not established in the New Covenant truth. Our righteousness is a gift from God not our performance... When we think that we still have our sinful nature after we are born again, we are on the wrong platform and frequency to respond to His prompting. When we are sin conscious, our sin consciousness leads us back to the two tablets of stones for the knowledge of good and evil. The knowledge of good and evil in turn, prompts us to perform in order to achieve the righteousness that God required.

Everyone of us knows what is good and what is bad. It is our sinful nature that bound us from doing the good; for the good we want to do we cannot and the bad we do not want to do we do.

Romans 7:15 -19 ~ I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.

The truth is, although we are a new creation, our establishment on the wrong platform robs us from the resurrection life that God has given us to live in. That is why before God can put His laws in our hearts; He has to make sure that He remembers our sins and lawless acts no more. It is Jesus’ blood that washes us so clean that God can says "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more." Forgiveness of sins and righteousness are one. When we are forgiven, we are righteous!

If we cannot established that our righteousness is a gift from God, and our nature is righteous, whatever God has written in our hearts are of no used because our evil conscious will still prompt us to go back to refer to the stones, trying to do the good and avoid the bad.

Repent my friends, renew your mind... new covenant believers are righteous in nature not action and our righteousness is a gift from God. Some of us may still think that even now, we still have sinful action. Be at rest friends, establish first in His righteousness so that whatever God has written in our hearts can work out in our hearts and become a spontaneous flow in the Spirit. By then, doing the good and avoid doing the bad is a lifestyle and no more a religion…

But first, let's put the horse back before the cart!

No comments:

Post a Comment