Friday, April 02, 2010

Zipped


Recently I leant to compress an mp3 file and forward to my friend as she required listening to this particular song for the Sunday Worship. I never knew that to compress a file is so easy and to forward a compressed file is much faster than forwarding a raw file. The quality of the file she received still remain the same after she had unzipped it. 

Well, you can laugh at me if you want… but I am telling you all this because I want to share with you a revelation that I have received while I was being amazed by this simple process in the computer system.

Today is Good Friday, and about two thousand years ago, our Lord Jesus had gone through the eternal suffering at this hour of time. All the sins of this world had been put on Him. All the punishment of this world had been poured on His body. For this six hours from 9 in the morning to 3pm in the afternoon, the eternal sin of this world, the punishment of our sins and the suffering that our Lord sustained, had been compressed and zipped into this six hours. In this six hours at the cross, He had been punished by God and He had suffered a suffering that we can never understand.

Knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, our Lord Jesus said, "I am thirsty." A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to His lips. When He had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished!" With that, He bowed His head and gave up His spirit. 

With the same principle, our sin has been forgiven, past, present and future…  and if we still think that our sin is still not forgiven, we are actually insulting God the Father and our Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment