Wednesday, November 03, 2010

PASSWORD


I sent my home modem to the authorized dealer for servicing this afternoon … and when I reached my office, I got a call from the Technician informing me that this modem needed to be reprogrammed. He was asking for my Streamyx (Broadband Service Provider) password…. and my oh my… how could I remember this password? This password was used only in installation and I was not familiar with it... I started to scan my memories, trying to recall this password… then I realized that for the pass twenty years, I have “owned” for myself quite a number of passwords…

Have you ever think of this question…?

How many passwords do you have?

As for me, I have three passwords in my work place. One for my PC, one for my Lotus Note and the other one for SAP system. I have been bucking by these three systems regularly to change my passwords every now and then. At times, I find myself running out of password to use...

Apart from my workplace, I have passwords for my mobile phone, my iTune account, bank accounts, internet banking accounts, e mail accounts, Streamyx (Broadband Service Provider) account, facebook account, Podbean account, Blog accounts,home WiFi access and the security system in my house!

When I was thinking “hard” for this long forgotten password, my office mail suddenly popped up…! “PASSWORD!”... It was a mail from my IT Department asking for my passwords to my PC and Lotus Note so that they can configure my new PC…! Wow… PASSWORD again…! What a "God incidence" moment…! Yahoo… New computer for me? At the most undeserved moment? (Actually I was in the midst of my flustration... struggling to recover that password... Can somebody tell me... is this not GRACE?)

In a flick of a second, I was prompted by the Spirit to realize that our Lord Jesus through His perfect work at the cross had torn down every single password that had been set up by religions for man to reach God. Because of His love, He lavished His grace, the unearned, undeserved and unmerited favour to us at the cross… and whoever believe in His Son shall not perish but have eternal life. The password to this salvation is to “BELIEVE”! To BELIEVE in the One He had sent...

In today’s IT world, whenever we clock in to our office for work, we must first log in to our PC with our password... So, are you serious to work for God? If you are really serious, you must also log in with your password too… The password to His work is also to “BELIEVE”!

John 6:28 ~ Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
John 6:29 ~ Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to BELIEVE in the one he has sent."

With this revelation, my heart was warm, and suddenly came with an understanding knowledge of this long forgotten password… I rang up the Technician, tell him the password and the rest is history! With this modem being installed back to my home PC, and here I am, publishing this yet another "God incidence" post!

Thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Just for interest sake on the word password.

    Psalm 100:4 (The Message)
    4 Enter with the password: "Thank you!"
    Make yourselves at home, talking praise.
    Thank him. Worship him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caje,

    Goosebumps... That was the phrase I used to end my post...!

    ReplyDelete