Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Honey


This morning I went to pay my parking coupon at KMC (Kuching Municipal Council) drive-in counter. I did not have a smaller note in my wallet, so I pulled out a 10 Ringgit note to pay for my RM0.55 parking charges.

Behind the tinted glass of the drive-in counter, an elderly lady said, “Do you have 55 cents?” I reply, “Sorry, no...”. She said, “We do not have small change…

So I went back to my car decided not to pay here but to pay at other counter by any road side… My friend who was with me in my car gave me a Ringgit suggesting to me that if I do not pay then I might forget later…

Holding that Ringgit in my hand, I approached the counter again and leave the coupon together with the Ringgit at the counter’s opening. They processed the payment and I could hear the printer printing the receipt. Then the elderly lady said to me, “Do you have 55 cents?” Wow…! Inside of me came a boiling sensation… and I was thinking to myself, “Why don’t you ask me when I handed in the coupon with my money just now?” So, I responded like this, “Never mind the change, you can keep the change…” Ha..., though I offered to solve this problem by giving away the change, I sounded a bit sour and bitter, and my style was bad. Indeed, I have fallen short of the glory of God...

When I return to my car, I told my friend and he laughed and said, “It is cheap to spend 45 cents to know a person…!” (He was referring this to that lady but to me, this 45 cents has exposed my weakness... LOL!) Well, moving right along while I was driving back to my office, I remembered what Pastor Prince has preached on the subject of Grain Offering in the Book of Leviticus about the burning of honey and frankincense...

Leviticus 2:11 ~ No grain offering which you bring to the LORD shall be made with leaven, for you shall burn no leaven nor any honey in any offering to the LORD made by fire.

Honey is usually used to describe man’s kindness or goodness. Honey cannot withstand the heat of the fire. When honey is being burnt, it bubbles up and turns sour and bitter. That’s me and my situation at the drive-in counter. With a little bit of fire, I bubbled up and turned sour or bitter.

Leviticus 2:1-2 ~ When anyone offers a grain offering to the LORD, his offering shall be of fine flour. And he shall pour oil on it, and put frankincense on it. He shall bring it to Aaron’s sons, the priests, one of whom shall take from it his handful of fine flour and oil with all the frankincense. And the priest shall burn it as a memorial on the altar, an offering made by fire, a sweet aroma to the LORD.

The Bible uses frankincense to describe our Lord Jesus. When the frankincense is being burnt, it emits a sweet aroma present to God and frankincense can withstand the heat of the fire and the longer you burn it the more aroma it emits… Frankincense emits best aroma under small and slow fire, just like our Lord's suffering when He was being crucified on the Cross from 9 o' clock in the morning until 3 o'clock in the evening.

Praise be to our Lord for His Finished Work at the Cross and I am now under the grace dispensation. I can look at my weakness and understand from it through the teaching of the anointing in me and I can still have the courage to draw near to Him to receive the super abounding grace and favor from God because the Apostle Paul said, “Where sin (man falling short of the glory of God) abounded, grace abound much more…" Which means whenever I fall short of the glory of God, grace super abound!!! Indeed, His grace is sufficient for me, for His strength is made perfect in my weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Hallelujah, I receive the super abounding grace and favor into my life, in Jesus' Name, Amen!



Since we are on the subject of "Honey", it reminds me of a joke from the Elder of my Church and I want to share it with you before I end this post. It goes like this…


There are three couples in a Hotel Restaurant sitting together at the same table for their American Breakfast. They are American, British and Malaysian couples…


As they are all believers, the men just love to show each other how much they love their wife. As the coffee is being served over the breakfast table, the American says to his wife, “Honey, Honey, please pass me the honey…” Upon hearing this, the British immediately says to his wife, “Sugar, Sugar, please pass me the sugar…” The Malaysian is marveled over the way the American and the British addresses their wife. So coolly, he turns to his wife and says, “ Lembu, Lembu, please pass me the susu…!”

Lembu means cow and Susu means milk in Malaysian language.

Hey, Cheers…!!! And have a nice day….

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alan,
    Indeed Jesus is fine flour, perfect in every aspect. As we behold Christ, we will be transformed from glory to glory...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat a coincidence, today i also went to pay parking summon. I also ask them to keep the change. My coupon is Rm1.45, I pay Rm1.50. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, great post! It is TRUE, our best effort is nothing compared to His living through us.

    And your joke...HaHa!! :)

    Hello to all.

    ReplyDelete