Friday, July 17, 2009

I Don't Care Anymore!


The other day I was chatting with Katherine Poon in Facebook and out of my good humanly intention, I ended the chatting with “Take care!”. By the way, good humanly intention is religious and is not Godly intention… so Kat replied: “I don’t take care, I cast out care!” Wow...! What a revelation! It was a zap from heaven and I was totally revived by her reply!

1 Peter 5:7 ~ casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

The word “Care” means Merimna in Greek. From the word meiro, “to divide” and noos, “the mind.” The word denotes distractions, anxieties, burdens, and worries. Merimma means to be anxious beforehand about daily life. Such worry is unnecessary, because the Father’s love provides for both our daily needs and our special needs.

My spirit was quickened by this revelation to break forth the religious stronghold that was still in me. My religious mind (flesh) can never realize that even by taking care of myself is a self effort. Come to think of it, I realized that in the areas of my life where I don’t care much about, do not need much of my caring at all. But those areas where I care most need most of my caring! Dah... ! :) Hey, how come…? So, the revelation is... when I take care of myself, God’s hand is off me because grace cannot flow through my effort. Grace does not flow through my flesh but my spirit. Grace does not flow through my struggles but my rest in Him. Grace does not prompt me to perform but to rest in Jesus. Grace comes to my rescue and super abounding when my spirit rests in Him…

Religion is about a man with nothing trying to care for His everything in life! Life in Jesus is a man with nothing resting in the One who has everything! My flesh can never understand what Jesus had already done or even His cares for me since the foundation of the world!!!!

“Take care” is for those who do not have Jesus in their life because no one really cares for them! I boldly use the word “Jesus” because only Jesus cares and only Jesus ministers with grace, the unearned and unmerited favor of God. None of the religions care for us even in Christianity, if we choose to take good care of ourselves.

Maurice join in with his comment saying: “You still have cares mei…!” Yes Maurice, I still have because I'm not humble… not because of my action in front of people but simply because I still take good care of my situation and I did not cast my cares upon Him! For the verse before 1 Peter 5: 7 says: Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.

So from now on, I am going to cast my cares upon Him one day at a time and will not labor to take care of myself but labor to enter His rest…

Do you “care” to join me…?

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Alan, like you I also have to learn to don't care anymore. I really like what you wrote:"Religion is about a man with nothing trying to care for His everything in life! Life in Jesus is a man with nothing resting in the One who has everything."
    This is so great! Thank you...we cast our cares on Jesus for ONLY HE truly cares for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Amen bro! After your comment on FB, i started to take note of casting cares instead of taking care too. I caught myself trying to take care of situations and issues and am learning too to cast out cares. Like you've mentioned, the religious flesh has made such a stronghold in our lives that it's become a second nature to want to take things into our hands. To make plan Bs in case the As doesn't work.

    Cast out cares for He that truly cares has already taken all our cares! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kat & Angie,

    Our life in His grace is to be more and more radical... because this is the flow of His Spirit and for our part is to renew our mind.

    For those who doesn't understand His grace, we are just being irresponsible; but for us who have the prompting of His Spirit know that this is the power of His grace and we are in His good hand!

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alan, I couldn't agree more on your above statements. They are OVERFLOWING with wisdom.

    AMEN for this is the flow of His Spirit and our part is to renew our mind. AMEN to our life in His grace is to be more & more radical. AMEN that although others who doesn't understand His grace thinks we're just being irresponsible, but for us who have the life of Christ in us, we know we are in good HANDs and in the power of His grace!

    Amen amen AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... Wow... Wow... My Beloved Sister in Grace! I'm overwhelmed by your overflow too!!!

    My spirit just rejoice over that comment which words cannot express!

    I can only say Amen and Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) dat was how my spirit felt reading yours. I was just resonating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Radical Gospel. Thats the way it is. Thank God for the grace revelation is causing a grace revolution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVEEE this article..keep on preaching it Dcn..!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deacon,
    Thank you for this new revelation! This is what I've been asking God since last week and He answered me through His beloved Deacon Alan. :)

    Simple words like 'Take Care' have stopped the grace flowing into certain areas of our lives without us even realising it.

    I too will cast ALL my cares upon Him one day at a time and will not labor to take care of myself but labor to enter His rest…

    God bless you and family, Deacon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am I being irresponsible here...? Well, I don't care anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Deacon for this revelation. This is the rheema word I need for this season. I shall rest completely on our Lord for I know that He will make all things well. Amen Amen.

    ReplyDelete