Thursday, October 28, 2010

God Incidence


My oh my... I have witnessed the move of the Spirit in my walk with the Lord again. This is yet another  "God incidence" when I read Steve McVey's recent post on "Two Covenants, Not One". I was amazed to notice that the Holy Spirit who is revealing this truth to him has also been revealing the same truth to me. What a honor to realize that I have preached on the same subject in my Chinese congregation two to three months ago, encouraging them to walk out of the confusion and enter into God's rest... When I read through his post, his sharing is so familiar to me and yet very refreshing. Wow... What a life to walk in His grace...

Please sit back and relax and enjoy Steve's sharing on the Two Covenants in the Bible.


For the past three weeks, I've been sharing a three-part series of teachings on the "Sunday Preaching" broadcast called, "Two Covenants, Not One." For many years, I stayed confused when I read the Bible because I didn't understand this simple aspect of understanding the Scripture. The Old and New Covenant are very different from each other in many ways. God told those in the old covenant that a day was going to come when He would make a new covenant with His people and it would not be like the covenant He had made with them through their Fathers. (See Jeremiah 31:31-32) Through Jesus Christ, that day came to us so that now the covenant He has made is totally different - not at all the same. It's new and, according to Hebrews 8:13, the old one is "obsolete." It has passed away. It's gone, expired, finished, over!

This fact is a sticking point in many people's minds. "Isn't the Old Testament God's Word?" they will ask? Of course the Old Testament is as much a part of the Bible as the New Testament, but here's a key that will help us immeasurably when we understand it. The Old Testament was not written to us! It was written for us, but not to us. (See Romans 15:4) There's a big difference. That's why the Apostle Paul cautioned Timothy to take great care to ensure that he would "rightly divide the word of truth" when he taught the Bible. (See 2 Timothy 2:15) All kind of trouble is created in our minds and lives when we don't do that.

 Read More @ Steve McVey's Blog  >>>>>

1 comment:

  1. To rightly distinguish the two is of the utmost importance.
    Amen

    ReplyDelete