Monday, February 02, 2009

Grace, The PERSON!


I found this compilation in my little note book. This compilation had helped in the awakening of my spirit when I was on my "Road to Emmaus". This compilation still refreshes my spirit and it brings back fond memories of what I have done during my journey in encountering the wonderful Person of grace...

There are seven occasions in the Gospel of John that our Lord Jesus declares that He is the great “I AM”. In the contexts of each declaration, the phase “I AM” is enforcing the deity of Jesus as God.

John 4:26 Then Jesus declared, "I who speak to you am He."

John 6:20 ~ But He said to them, "It is I; don't be afraid."

John 8:24 ~ I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

John 8:28 So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

John 8:58 ~ I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

John 13:19 ~ "I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am He.

John 18:5 ~ Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "I am He," Jesus said.


The number 7 is the number for perfection. Jesus again declares Himself as God seven more times with the used of symbolized objects in this world to describe Himself as the only One who can meet our greatest needs in life.

John 6:35 ~ Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.

From the basic necessities of food for life, He alone is able to satisfy the greatest spiritual hunger in our life as the Bread of Life.

John 8:12 ~ When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

In the area of sight for direction, He opens our spiritual eyes so that we can stop wandering around in a spiritual darkness following one blind religious guide, one after another.

John 10:9 ~ I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.

He is the only Light that guides us into God’s Secret Place as he declared He is the only Door to the sheep pan. All other doors lead down the wrong path and to eternal destruction. Jesus is the entrance into eternal life.

John 10:11 ~ I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

We are like wandering, lost lamb caught in the briers of sin. There are a lot of false shepherds herding up stray sheep to take to slaughter. For the well being of our spirit man, Jesus declared He is the only Good Shepherd. He will take of us individually by the hand and led us personally into the Father’s presence and give each and everyone of us His nourishment.

John 11:25 ~ Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;

Jesus conquered death; the ultimate fear of man. Not only did He say, “I am the resurrection and life”, He demonstrated His victory over death with His resurrection on the third day of His death. For those who believe, Jesus is their hope in the face of death. Resurrection is not a deed for Jesus Himself is the Resurrection.

John 14:6 ~ Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Who else dare to declare that he is the way, the truth and the life? Jesus is firm in declaring Himself is the Way, the Truth and the Life like no others...

John 15:5 ~ I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Through the biological aspect of a vine, Jesus demonstrates how He sustains our spiritual life. Apart from Him, we are nothing…

John 20:31 ~ But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

This verse is self explanatory. It is through believing Jesus is the Christ, and what He had done on the Cross that we could have life in His Name. It is not through our performance. To understand the meaning of we do not have to performance to deserve this blessing makes me see the Person of Jesus magnifying the grace of the Father, and set me apart from religiosity.

Grace is not a doctrine but the Person of Jesus for He did not come to teach us how to do but He came personally to accomplish what we could not do... On the Cross, He took it all upon Himself until He cried out, "It's Finished!"... Grace is the foundation of Christianity.

Visit www.joyfultoons.com for more Joyful'toons

1 comment: