Monday, September 07, 2009

Wisdom Of The World



By Mick Mooney of Searching For Grace


Wisdom Of The World
By mick on September 7th, 2009


The more you love Christ, the more you love His church – that is His people. I love the church, I really do. I had somewhat of a tough time uploading this comic, because I know it will probably offend some people I love and care for.

So then why did I upload it you might ask. Good question. I’m doing it for the very reason that I love the church. I just want Brothers and Sisters in Christ stop for a few minutes, and think about what is going on. God calls the wisdom of the world ‘foolishness’, so why are we using it for our model of church organization and growth?

Until we stop to think, and actually give ourselves the permission to think about such questions, we can never learn from the Holy Spirit his way of Church organization and growth. It won’t look like the world’s idea of wisdom, it won’t be founded on worldly principles, rules and laws. It won’t look anything like a worldly corporate business model, but it will work, I’m sure it will.

God created the entire universe by His Spirit. He holds the whole universe together by His Spirit. With the same Spirit He can build, unite and grow His people (that is the church), but we have to be willing to let Him do it. If we keep trying to hold the church together by our amazing organizational skills, we’ll never experience the church being held together by God’s Spirit (that is by love, instead of structure).

Let’s all come to our Father as He desires, like children, and ask Him for advice about this whole topic. He will guide us into all truth, and He will help us as we continue searching for grace.

Blue skies,

Mick

6 comments:

  1. Hey Alan, I copy you...I posted this comic and Mick's write up on my blog because I feel it flows with my previous post on wisdom...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Kat, that was the first thought in my mind! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee grace minds truly think alike ;) btw how was the manna?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kat,

    Actually I had that manna already. Never mind, Manna is Manna!It is always fresh and it blesses me more than the first time I listened to it!

    Tell you what, I'm satisfied................. just for the moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I also thought you probably have listened to that sermon already. Do u hv the key to walking in the blessing of Deut 28?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I have that one. I'm so bless by the Lord with PP sermons that He prompted you to drop the manna in such a way.

    Tell you what, I'm so amazed to find out that my sermons collection is updated up to 23.08.2009! What can I say? I can only say Jesus loves me this I know!

    Thanks for dropping the manna, Kat! Indeed you are blessed to be a blessing!

    ReplyDelete