Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grace ~ Establishes Our Hearts


When I share grace with certain Christian friends, it is just like sharing the good news (gospel) to non believers. They are all full of unbelieving heart.

For example when I tell the non believers that Jesus love them and when they put their faith in Him, he forgives them of all their sins and they are saved eternally.

The unbelievers would usually answer like this.

Is it that good? How can it be that good? What if after I believe in Him and I kill somebody, will I still be forgiven and be saved? Well, what shall be your answer? My answer is, when you have put your faith in Jesus and believed in Him, you will not do thing like that anymore. Do not just stand outside the HOUSE and look through the side window to imagine the beauty inside. Come into the HOUSE through the DOOR and experience what the HOUSE can offer you. However, God s faithful to deal with some of the people like that and with their own circumstances, they repented and came to Christ. Now they understand what it is like to be in the HOUSE.

Now when you share grace to certain believers, telling them that it is all by His grace that you are blessed, you are already righteous in Him and do not be sin conscious but be righteousness conscious because you are being forgiven of all your sins, past, present and future!

Their answers are like this.

It is that good? You mean I do not have to obey "the law" to be blessed. How can God bless an disobedient Christian? My leaders said we have to obey God. If I do not obey my leaders, I first disobey them! How can I be obedient to God? How can you…trying to mislead me...

- You are saved by grace through faith, not by you law abiding. You are supposed to be obedient to your faith that led you to Christ and not man.

Well, I know Jesus saved me, but I still sin here and there. How can I be righteous when I still sin?

- Righteousness is a gift from God not what you are doing. How could Jesus who knew no sin, was made sin on the cross?

I know Jesus forgave my past sin when I accepted Him as my Savior. But presently, I still do wrong here and there and that is why I have to confess my present sin so that there would not be any future sin!

- When Jesus died on the cross two thousand years ago, all our sins are future. All our past, present and future are in His past. If He had forgiven our past, our present and future sins are the same to Him, all forgiven!

If we cannot believe God’s grace after we are saved, we are as good as those non believers with an unbelieving heart. In another word, we are an "unbelieving" believer. The gospel of grace that reaches out to the non believers is of the same grace that reaches out to the believers. The Apostle Paul said there is no other gospel other than the gospel of the grace of Christ…. You have come in the HOUSE through the DOOR and you did enjoy the goodness in the HOUSE. Yet, you snick out of the HOUSE by your law keeping and looked back through the window with the memory of the goodness in unbelief.

Before the Lord enlightened me with His Grace, I was like that also. The Lord challenged me with the verses from the bible and cracked open my religious mind. He said I was foolish and slow of heart to believe! Let these verses settle in your heart, they would be a blessing to you if you can believe.

The Lord told me that I did not believe in Him and I trusted in my self effort and law keeping to deserve His blessing. I was foolish and slow of heart to believe! I called myself a believer yet, did not believe in my Savior.

Grace is undeserved and unmerited favor from God, we cannot work to deserve God’s blessing. He is no debtor to anybody. He is a Giver not a Task Master! We receive His blessings through grace by faith.

We are saved by grace through faith, and we are born again by His grace. We are supposed to grow in God’s grace and grace will see us through. But when we tried to obey law to justify ourselves, we were alienated from Christ and we have fallen away from grace! In John 15, Jesus reminded us to abide in Him. Without Him we can do nothing.

Hebrews 13:9 ~ Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be established by grace, not by ceremonial foods, which are of no value to those who eat them.

We are foolish and slow of heart to believe that God is that good. The default mode of human is doing. But we are called human “being” not human “doing”. Just be a "being" knowing that He is God and He is good. He so loves us that everything that we ever need in our life, He had already given to us through the cross. You still don't believe in that? Well, we are supposed to live by faith not by sight!

Repent (change your mind) therefore, from your dead work and receive His grace because it is good for your heart to be established in grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment