Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Man's Story


Once upon an afternoon, I was having lunch with my wife at Jade Pot Tea House. A famous local cafe serving Taiwanese food. While we were waiting for our food, I saw a poster with Chinese writing hanging on their wall.

This are the Chinese Character written on the poster.

It means
If you can work, you are Luck
y, if you can eat, your are Blessed.
And if your can work and you can eat, you are very lucky and very blessed.
Something like that!

I meditated on these words for a while and thinking that if we can work and eat, we are lucky and blessed. It sounds more like a worldly way of encouraging people to labour to get their blessing. The word "WORK" suddenly hit me and my Lord began to show me A Man's Story.

I am going to show you according to the sequence my Lord had shown me!

This is the word WORK in Chinese writing.

This is the Chinese word for WORKING.

And my Lord began to split the word WORK. And here it goes...

This is the picture of a MAN.

These are the Chinese words for STORY.

By now, I already got hold of the revelation of what my Lord is trying to tell me. It is about a Man's Story. He is that Man with Capital M. That is Jesus......

A MAN'S STORY

The Gospel of Christ is the Story. It is the story of a Man's awesome work on the cross. Whenever we talk about work, it is His work on the cross that matters. He had finished the work on the cross two thousand years ago and what is left for us to do is to tell people this story. The story of this Man, Jesus and what is His finished work means to the world and the born again Christians.

That is not all. He continued to reveal to me by using Chinese character skillfully.

The Chinese word means BELIEVE.


Since we are established that this word is the picture of a MAN,

and this Chinese character is SPEECH.

The word "BELIEVE" in Chinese character is made up of a MAN and SPEECH.

MAN'S SPEECH

What is He trying to say? He is saying, we ought to BELIEVE in this MAN's SPEECH! He is telling us that only His Finished Work works! Don't try to labour to earn our blessing by ourselves. Abide in Him, rest and trust in His Finished Work and all these things will be given to us!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Hallelujah! great revelation there! the gospel story is truly a simple story. I told it to a friend who visited me this afternoon too. And although it didn't seemed to make much impact on her, i believe the seed sown will take root in His time. :) Praise Jesus for His finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement Angie. I just come back from our Life Group Meeting and a sister suggested to me to translate the sharing here into Mandarin.

    Your comment on this post is indeed a confirmation to that sister's suggestion.

    Thank you again Angie. Grace and peace be multiply in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alan,
    Angie told me about this post and that there is a lot of "power" in it. Truly powerful and Holy Spirit inspired...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kat, this is what Romans 1:16 means: I am not ashamed of the gospel (A Man's Story), because it is the POWER of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

    ReplyDelete