Friday, August 14, 2009

He Ain't Heavy... He's My Brother


Recently, we had our sweet time looking through our photo albums. It was heart warming to see that our sons, Norman and Adrian, have grown up to be a young men. Looking back at their childhood, indeed we found ourselves missing those sweet moments as we strolled down the memory lane…


As they grew up, it's hard to get Norman and Adrian to post for a photo together, for Norman chose to stay behind the camera, to fulfill his dream as a professional photographer... and Adrian, in front of the camera as his model. Well, looking back at those beautiful photos, it is still not bad for a camera man like me to be able to capture those precious moments of a pro photographer to be...

Photos with watermark courtesy of Norman Hiu Photography

From these photos, I noticed that though their appearances might change as the years go by, their smiles remain the same cos' smiles are from their hearts! Praise God, I have been prompted to share a piece of little Godly advice from the bottom of my heart: Do appreciate every single moment that you can have with your children... I am warning you, they are growing up... FAST!!! Before you know it, they have grown up. Though we had our sweet times with them but as we look back, we still feel that we have not done enough. But praise God, there is no regret... Though our sons may outgrown our laps, but they can never outgrow our hearts... Thank you, Penny!

Praise Daddy that even though we were not believer then, His love and protection were already on us... Praise the Lord for His unchanging love for each and everyone of us. He saw us through then and made sure that we were saved; and here we are, His very Beloved and the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!!!

Because of His grace, the blessings described in Psalm 128 are mine!


Psalm 128

A song of ascents.
1 Blessed are all who fear the LORD,
who walk in his ways.

2 You will eat the fruit of your labor;
blessings and prosperity will be yours.

3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
within your house;
your sons will be like olive shoots
around your table.

4 Thus is the man blessed
who fears the LORD.

5 May the LORD bless you from Zion
all the days of your life;
may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem,

6 and may you live to see your children's children.
Peace be upon Israel...

Amen!

9 comments:

  1. I am smiling so BIG as I see your simply beautiful boys (handsome men, now!)!! The time does go by so quickly...one day they are infants and seemingly the next they are young adults!

    What a precious gift you have given us to share your joy with us. Thank you, my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Jamie, I'm sure you are having the same feeling that I have... "one day they are infants and seemingly the next they are young adults!" speaks it all...

    I just give thanks to our Lord that I could have the joy to take all those photos while they were young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Alan you are indeed blessed with the blessings of Abraham and Penny is the daughter of Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Kat, I'll keep proclaiming "Those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham."

    Wow...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alan...an odd coincidence has recently come to my attention that I wanted to share with you. I attended a small, Christian college in NC that has a campus in Kuala Lumpur. In fact, the President of the Malaysian school spoke at our commencement. What is funny is that the President of my school was named Norman Adrian Wiggins!! I was reminded of this when I saw your boys pictures. How coincidental that they share this man's name!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie, my dear sister in grace!

    What came through my heart when I read your comment is:

    Matthew 10:29-31
    Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

    haha.. The name of Penny is there!

    Though we can be far apart in this world, but He has placed us so close in His heart... We hear the same heartbeat! He has numbered our hairs and He is in control!

    Jamie, we are indeed blessed to be a blessing!

    Grace, grace , grace...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahh... Free publicity! Next time if i have the chance to shoot for AP or Reuters I'm going to have a hard time to 'nail the shot & disappear and being stealth' Darn...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember I have better pictures of my brother other than that one. Where is the profile shot I took for him?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Son, the profile shot is up and credits to Norman Hiu Photography.

    Must be proper when dueling with professional artist if not kena sue...! :)

    ReplyDelete