Monday, August 04, 2008

Don't Make Him A Liar (Part 1)


Jesus died on the cross to redeem us from our sin two thousand years ago. He took away all the sins of the world and after He was gloried, He gave His Holy Spirit to those who believed in Him. The Holy Spirit dwells in us believers, and He promised He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Psalm 51 is a beautiful Psalm, but it is not the Psalm for our day. King David, the author of this Psalm was under an inferior covenant, who did not have the Holy Spirit dwell in him but on him. Thus, the Holy Spirit leaved him when he sin. David, a man after God’s heart, knew that God is merciful and there is grace with God. Psalm 51 was his petition to the gracious God he knew. He long to be in the new covenant like us when he prophesied in Psalm 32 verse 1 & 2 that, “Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him.”

We are under a better covenant because of what Jesus had done on the cross. The precious blood of our Lord Jesus Christ has made us so clean that the Holy Spirit can dwell in us. The Father had forgiven us of all our sin, past, present and future, confirmed by our Lord's shout of , "It 's finished!" on the cross. He remembers our sin no more! So if you are a born again Christian, I am sorry to tell you that He cannot hear you confessing your sin because He cannot be a lair, He had promised that He remembers our sin no more...!

Do not make Him a liar.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent! Is this from a book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, I don't know. I haven't read a book like this before.I got it from Him yesterday morning and there are some more on this post title. Maybe it's my mistake to put chapter 1.

    By the way Julie, I forgot how I came across your blog. You know, it is always a joy to find that His grace and love touches people around the world. You blog is full of His grace so I add you on my gracious link.Hope you don't mind for not informing you. Keep it up Julie!

    Grace and peace to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was the chapter 1 that confused me, I thought maybe you had written a book, maybe you should!

    Thanks for the link. Soon I'll be revising my own link list and adding your blog to it, as you say, it is always a joy to find more people who preach God's free grace!

    Blessing after blessing on you and your family!

    ReplyDelete