Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Father can teach my father


I remember there was an afternoon when I sent my father to his church for baptism class. We talked about the subject his church was expounding during the baptism class and I was told that his church expounded more on the history and the structure of the church.

I was eager to take this opportunity to throw him some nugget of truth on grace but I found myself under compulsion as I am his son…You know, his son… Praise God, as I was struggling on how to start with this subject, by the grace of God, my Father in Heaven gave me these sentences to share with him.…

Anyone who preaches more on the history of a church than Jesus is a religion.

Anyone who preaches more on a person than Jesus is also a religion.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. That was a good one.. Never thought that simple sentence would be so powerful.. Christianity is indeed about relationship with God and alot can't really understand that God is after our hearts not the other way around.. Praise be to God that the grace message has taken the world by storm.
    His very beloved,Felidadida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi His very Beloved, Felicia... By the word "very" that you have added in between His Beloved, I know you have grown stronger in the Lord.

    Insert more "very" as you grow in the knowledge of Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete