Thursday, August 28, 2008

Don't Make Him A Liar (Part 5)


The mansion that Jesus mentioned in John 14:2 has been used as a candy to motivate believers with their “work” of life in Christ. The type and the structures of our mansions in heaven are very much depending on our behavior and the quantity of our work as a Christian on earth. A good and hard working Christian will be awarded a big and beautiful mansion while the lazy and worldly Christian might have only the pillars. So, spread the good news and save souls to secure your mansion in heaven... sound familiar?

One day (that was 5 years ago…), my younger son Adrian came back from his youth gathering and asked me a question… This question gave me a mixed feeling; i.e. I was scared that fears had been put into him and on the other hand, I marvelled that he indeed had a child like faith to ask from his father or "Father" to be precise.

He asked, “Daddy, can I live with you in your mansion when I go to heaven?”

Obviously, he had been motivated by his leaders to do the “good work” for his Saviour, and he definitely had not done any “good work” yet to deserve a mansion for himself. This is a classic example of the instinct of a human being to seek the sense of security; and I said to him, “Blessed are you Adrian, for this not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven! The mansion is given to you by grace from our Lord and you can never earn it.”

He replied, “I know daddy, I scare you don’t know…!”

Praise the Lord, even my son at his young age then, knew the truth and had the faith to utter such a divine inspired question. He knew how to ask from his “Father” …

Jesus said in John 14:1-4, right after He prophesied on Peter that he would disown Him three times. “Let not you heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.”

How sweet and pure are these verses when they come out from our Lord's mouth... No trace of manipulation, no condition and no string attached but love and affirmation.

Please don’t make Him a Liar…

No comments:

Post a Comment