Thursday, July 03, 2008

As He is, So Are We In This World!


Recently, I happened to have the changes to talk to Christians from different congregations. Some of them are still defending the Ten Commandments! And some, after all these years, still fast and pray to re capture the “First love” that they have lost along their Christian walk. Some still fast and pray to seek God for more anointing. They still believe that anointing will not come upon you unless you sacrificed, just like oil will not come out unless the olive is crushed! Some are still running after prophets while Jesus had said all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John the Baptist. Some of them are still begging the Holy Spirit not to leave them while Jesus said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you!"

Through these conversations, my Lord gave His affirmation by showing me that I am so blessed to be in His grace. I was also like them before Jesus enlightened me with His grace. It was His mercy that I was still righteous in God’s eye though I was self seeking then. Though I was self seeking, I would still be heaven bound because I have received Jesus as my Savior. It is all because of His grace and mercy and non of my effort!

The truth of the matter was I had wrongly position myself. This is definitely not of His delight! I had position myself before the cross not after the cross. The biggest miss I had was, I had missed the death of my Lord Jesus Christ. I did not know much about His death. I did not know the meaning of His finished work. I did not know that Christians in the new covenant are in Christ. I never realized that it was God’s will for His Begotten Son Jesus Christ to die for me on the cross and gave me that position to be in Christ! I did not know all these because nobody told me. I would never know that I am in Christ if I continue to sit under a self centered preaching instead of Christ centered preaching.

However, whether I know it or not, I will still be in Christ. That is His mercy. My ignorant would not make me fall away from Christ, but it has robbed me of all the inheritance that my Lord Jesus died to give me. My faith has been made void by my ignorance and could never be activated under this wrong platform.

The verse “As He is, so are we in this world” means nothing to me because I did not know that I was in Christ.

Through His enlightenment, I started to receive His light in respect to this verse. In the midst of my meditation, He impressed me with the word “Identify”.

At two thousand years ago, He had already identified Himself with us. He was made sin though He knew no sins so that those who believed in Him are made righteous. He took away our curses, sickness, brokenness and everything that are bad, and nailed them on the cross so that we can enjoy His blessing, good health and peace. He called out God, God so that we can call God, Father, Father! He went to hell for us so that we do not have to go to hell because of our sins. He was resurrected on the third day so that we are resurrected together with Him, for our justification. Can you see that everything He did was for us! The divine exchange of all these conditions took place when He cried out, “It’s finished!”.

He had done everything that were needed to be done according to God’s knowledge not according to our knowledge. Now, it is our turn to identify ourselves with Jesus, i.e. as He is at the right hand of the Father, so are we in this world!

Now, my problem come again.... Lord, the problem with me now is this, how am I going to identify with You?

I started to search my bible in my hand phone for the word “identify”. It came out “No word found” and I try out the concordance, I could not find the word also.

The Greek word “Homo logo” suddenly echoed in my mind. “Homo logo” means confess, “speak the same as”. Hey, my Lord is telling me to identify myself with Him by confessing His words. That's means speaking the same thing as God speak!

What did God say about us?
We are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!

What did God say about our sin?
We are forgiven, past, present and future! Hallelujah!

What did God say about our life?
He came to give us life and life more abundantly!

What did God says about our financial standing?
For I know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for my sakes He became poor, that I through His poverty might become rich. Hallelujah!

What did God says about our lacks?
God says he who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, accordingly to the power that works in us.
And my God shall supply all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus!

What did God says about our infirmity?
By His strips we are healed!

Confess His words folk. Speak forth the words. Speak like God speaks. As You are, so am I in this world!

Hallelujah, to identify with Him is to speak the same thing that God speaks! Start identifying yourself with Him now through "Homo Logo"!

No comments:

Post a Comment