Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Divine Practical Assignment


My family and I were in Singapore from 11th to 13th July 2008. Of course our main purposes for this visit were to attend New Creation Church's Sunday service, visit some of the Shopping Centers in Singapore, our friends and relatives.

There are not many changes in Singapore. Everywhere you can see people walking. Singaporeans are good in walking and they are fast too. The infrastructures too, are at their best condition. There are some good discounts at certain outlets and the children had reasonably good buy from these outlets. We have one and a half days to do our shipping, meet our friends and relatives.

Richard, I could not find Pho Bo "Vietnamese Beef Rice Noodle" in Ngee Ann City this time. This stall has been replaced by other type of Beef Noodle stall. What a waste....

There is one thing I realized in this trip is that, I found myself easily anger and frustrated in a few occasions as my legs grew tired while I was trying to catch up with my family. My wife reminded me a few times to mind myself so as not to ruin the fun of this holiday. I wanted to do good and wanted to avoid myself from being easily angry over certain thing but I grew weak when the strength of my legs grew weak.













Walking to NCC. These photos were taken by Norman. He is a Photographer not a Camera Man.

When Sunday came, we were well rested and refreshed. We were early to be on our way to New Creation Church in Suntec City Mall. We used the Citylink Mall to go to Suntec City Mall from our Hotel. It was Pastor Joshua’s turn to preach that Sunday and his sermon was “Anger Management”. My wife and I met at our eyes, gosh....what a divine inspired sermon! I presume this is another syllabus for me and this trip to Singapore is another practical assignment from the Kingdom Academy.

The queue up church

It is not to our intention that, we all want to do good and avoid doing evil. Touch your heart folk, how many of you can agree with me? Even though we are already a Christian; we would try to do good and try our best to avoid doing evil. It is good that we do good and it is real bad when we do evil. By doing all these, we are ignorant that we are actually eating from the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil! Our evil doing is already bad while our good deed is also equally bad because there is no life in the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. It is bad because we are eating from the wrong tree!

As we all have been enlightened by grace, we are supposed to put our faith in eating from the Tree of Life instead of the knowledge of Good and Evil. In and out of ourselves, we have nothing good and how can we do good? Beside, our anger is just a sign that we are frustrated with our failure in our attempt to do good but we put this blame on others. The accuser of the brethren has been using our failures to condemn us. We feel condemned when we realize we have failed again. We got to wake up and know the truth that; this is just a sign to tell us that we have been eating from the wrong tree and do not receive it as a condemnation.

We are in Christ and there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set us free from the law of sin and death.

We do wrong because we are trying to eat from the tree of the knowledge of Good or Evil. If we eat from the Tree of Life, we can never be wrong because God can never makes mistake. While we are eating from the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, the accuser of the brethren is there to condemn us because he hangs around in that tree.

Once we have been established in grace, we all know that we are forgiven of all our sins, past, present and future, but do not just stop at the knowledge that we are forgiven. The Bible says in Hebrews 10:17~24, after we know that we are forgiven, we must have the confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus to obtain help from Him. The Bible also says that, those who wait on the Lord, his strength will be renewed like an eagle and the Lord also told Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:9 that My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

Folks, when we fail, do not let our failure condemns us but let our failure trigger us to admit that we are weak and let us enter and wait on Him and He, who is faithful, will give us strength to do the real good deed.

Again, this trip to New Creation Church has been a blessing to me and I have attended a divinely orchestrated three days two nights practical course from the Headmaster of my Bible Academy. I have been awakened by Pastor Joshua’s sermon and I want to eat from the tree of Life. I still do not know how but one thing I know for sure is that, I must repent (renew my mind). Once I renew my mind from the old way of my conducts, every responsible falls back to Him. He, who is faithful, will give me strength to do the real good deed. Once the good deed flows out from my life, I will know that this is from my Lord, not me.

Which tree are you eating from...?

No comments:

Post a Comment