Wednesday, October 08, 2008

We Don’t Have To Be, We Already Are!


Grace does not teach us how to be who we are; Grace already made us who we are in Christ. Through the Person of Grace, we are already who we were trying to be!

“How can it be, we still have to behave to be a good Christian!” Some may think… If we know the Truth, whatever things we do are good!

Men are of tripartite; made up of spirit, soul and body. God has already made our spirit perfect when we accepted His Son as our Savior. The problem is on the other two parts that are not quite lined up with His Truth. That is why He says “Renew our minds” and He didn’t says “Renew our spirits”. Once our minds are in line with God’s truth, our bodies follow!

God did not make Adam a robot; he gave him a choice, and so do us. The challenge is do we want to choose to be influenced by the worldly system or by His Spirit? Do we want to choose to be influenced by the law or by His Grace? Do we choose to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil or the Tree of Life?

So repent…!!! Renewing our minds is the key to usher our whole being into what we already are! We are no longer looking at ourselves in the flesh; we are focusing on what and who we are in Christ! As He is, so are we in this world!

6 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Alan. :)

    It's always about what we choose to believe, isn't it? Nothing has changed since the garden. God gives us free will to choose whether or not we will believe what He says about us or not. God speaks of love and the finished work of the cross and the enemy calls God a liar. What Tree will we choose to live out of?

    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalom Jamie!

    Thank you for preaching the good news to me! This is your fruits.

    To hear Him is one thing; but am I willing to move in line with His leading or not. That is how repentance come in. Renewal of mind makes us following His voice.

    Who say those who are enlightened by Grace do not repent eh? Who say Grace gives us license to sin?

    We are enlightened by Grace because we repented and that is why we are here!

    Thank you Jamie, lots of love and grace to you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aman brother Allan, Amen...I am because He is...i have because He gave...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Brother, He is always GOOD and faithful. Keep opening your heart to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alan,

    Good morning! :) Hope your week-end is wonderful.

    Thoughts on repentence: My renewed mind is constantly changing the way it used to think; the Holy Spirit convicts me of my righteousness and reminds me of my new identity.

    I do not ask forgiveness of that which I have been forgiven but I do "repent"- change my mind and let Christ's mind convince me of who I am in Him. I am not who I used to be since His love came. Because He created me to righteous, I will when I live out of who I am: the righteousness of Christ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jamie,

    Thank you for your coffee; full of His Aroma! What a way to start a new day...

    I'm chewing on what the Lord is showing me... the difference between knowledge and wisdom; and I cannot manage to put them in word yet.

    I presume there is a fight between the knowledge and the wisdom in me...! :)

    ReplyDelete